Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sewn

All work and no play makes Karen a very dull girl. It also makes me cranky. Lately my job has been 99% computer and paperwork and 1% sewing. I love my job because of the sewing, not because of the paperwork.
Today after I caught up on overdue to-do list I decided that enough was enough. I designed, stitched and wrote the instructions for this bunny pillow, the newest addition to our Button Pillow series. The carrots are actually buttons and the carrot tops are a row of green ball fringe. Remember ball fringe from the ...... 60's? Our local customers can expect to see the pattern and kits for this project in the shop very soon. Once I create the UPC codes the patterns will be ready to ship as well.
This project started last fall at Quilt Market as Debby and I were selecting the lacy trims to embellish our romantic crazy patch project. I spied the bolt of green ball fringe and something clicked. I insisted upon adding a bolt to out order. Deb thought I was nuts. The idea for those carrot tops has been brewing for several months now and I am happy with the way it turned out. It is just what I wanted, a quick sense of accomplishment - geez that feels good!

No comments: