Sunday, March 25, 2012

How was your weekend?


I spent my days at the North Pittsburgh Quilt Guild Show. This is a local show for me. It is so close to home that I could stop in the shop each day before heading to the show and sleep in my own bed each night. Good perks as far as I am concerned! The show opened at noon on Sunday which gave me an entire morning off. A luxury in my book!

I don't have time to do many small shows, but this one is so convenient and the timing was right. I also recognize many of the quilts that are on display. This version of our Picture This pattern had a ribbon. It depicts Betty's trip to France.

The prolific Quilts of Valor group that meets in our store had their own section. The quilts on display will be shipped off to soldiers shortly. Bonnie and her team of volunteers do an amazing job. The quilt they are unfolding in the photo just came back from the quilter and will be taken home by another volunteer to bind. Last year they made and donated over 80 quilts and are well on their way to breaking that record this year. One of the things I like best about this group is that their focus is on quality not quantity. They haven't given away one quilt that I wouldn't be proud to own.

Kudos to my award winning staff for their performance this weekend! This is Nancy's redwork quilt that she designed and stitched and her sister hand quilted.

Missy's Lone Star shared multiple ribbons, including best machine quilting with "our" Mary Thomas! Mary is the angel that quilts most of my quilts - in record time. Now you know why I felt so bad about adding my scribble next to her precision feathers on the flying geese quilt!

It was fun to get out and catch up with friends and customers that we haven't seen all winter and spend the weekend just enjoying quilts. After I unpack the boxes and bins from this show I will be loading the car up with a different assortment of quilts and patterns. I'm heading to Columbus Ohio to present a lecture and class for the Common Threads Quilt Guild.

Then it is on to Cincinnati for a well deserved treat - a visit with the grandbabies and a little bit of spoiling. The plan is to kidnap the twins and their Mom and bring them back to Pittsburgh for a week with Grandma and Grandpa so that their Dad can get a few things done around the house.




After that I'm really going to need a rest!

No comments: