Saturday, December 13, 2008

Now That Christmas is Over...

OK, technically we still have that whole church, gift giving, tree thing to go through, but as a quilt shop owner, this holiday season is officially over. Our very last "Handmade for the Holiday" demo was at 10:00 am today and I'm officially calling this year a success! What great fun! We hosted several sessions of three different programs and really enjoyed every minute of it. It is nice to hear our customers saying "Oh, that is perfect for so-and-so" or "Won't whomever love this". We know you get as much enjoyment out of making those gifts as you do giving them.


Our button pillow projects were a big hit! You can see the patterns on our website at http://thequiltcompany.com/. Look for them on their own special page (not the regular pattern page). Our quick and easy apron is another favorite. One customer remarked that I can do more with a tea towel than she thought was humanly possible! If you are interested in the pattern for the tea towel apron, email me at mailto:qult@nauticom.net and I will send you a copy (using my newly acquired PDF skills!).


Speaking of the website, we are in the middle of a total overhaul of our site. Amy, our web guru is rebuilding the site from the ground up! Hopefully it will be up and running and ready to go January 1st when we are taking part in the Internet shop hop. If you have never done an Internet hop, I encourage you to give it a try. It's addicting - but it is FREE. You also have the opportunity to win gift certificates, the more shops you visit, the more chances you have to win. Click on to the link to our website above, then click on the bunny on the home page to register.


Now I have to get busy writing the winter newsletter, finish up my Valentine and St Patrick's samples and yes, do a little Christmas shopping. Our daughter Lindsay already received one gift this year. Debby bought her a sewing basket - a LINDSAY sewing basket! Timeless Treasures sold some of the Lindsay fabric line that I designed to a manufacturer who used it to make sewing baskets. Now THE Lindsay (who the fabric was named for) has a Lindsay basket to keep Lindsay goodies in! Naturally I had to run right out and buy one for myself too! They're being sold in stores all over the country, but I picked mine up at that store with the "J" name and used my 40% off coupon! They come in blue too! I might just buy one of each!

2 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a great sewing basket. And how cool is that....A Lindsay sewing basket.
I bet your glad the holidays are over at the shop. Now on to Valentine' day. LOL
Happy Holidays!!

Barb Johnson said...

I'm going to have to run out and buy my Lindsay a Lindsay sewing basket! She'll think it's really cool that you spelled her name right! She is always frustrated that there are so many other spellings. She gets Linsey, Lindsey, Lynsay, Lyndsay, Lyndsey.... When I named her, I never dreamed that there would be so many other Lindsays, nor that there would be so many other spellings!