Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We had a great weekend this past weekend! The shop was busy both Friday and Saturday with customers that were happy that the holidays were over and things were getting back to normal, including time to sew. Although we are not normally open on Sunday, every 3 months we open for a few hours on Sunday afternoon for our “meet the teacher” event to kick off the new class schedule. This time we offered 20% off the class fee if you brought us a container of liquid laundry detergent. As you can see, this was a win-win situation for both our customers and the local food bank! We thank you – and the food bank will too!

I was happy to finally ease back into my normal routine today and turn my sewing machine on for the first time this year. Too much paperwork makes me a grumpy person. I stitched these pillow tops that are the new additions to our button pillow series just before the holiday. Today I finished them off by adding the zippers and backing. The Valentine pillow comes complete with pre-cut, pre-fused hearts and buttons for embellishing. The St. Pat pillow includes the decorative buttons and the pot-of-gold is really a pocket that is the perfect size for tucking a treat inside – like a lottery ticket! The Valentine pillow pattern and kits are packed and ready to go. I plan to have the St. Pat's pillow ready sometime next week - but first I want to do a little more sewing!

There are Valentine table runners to stitch, new batiks quilts on the drawing board, and a St. Pat's table runner that features skippy the Christmas elf's Irish cousin! ... I better get busy!

Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You pillows for Valentine's Day and St. Paddy's Day have lifted me right out of my after Christmas slump. Thank you!