Monday, June 13, 2011

Quilt Something - It's Good For You!

Not that I have ever needed a reason or an excuse to start another quilting project, but the next time my husband gives me that look - you know the one - I intend to peer at him from behind my stack of unfinished projects and quote directly from this article from the Daily Mail in Scotland.


Why Quilting Improves Your Health In Ways That Even Exercise Can't Manage

Is that good news or what?


This study found that quilting offered health benefits including increased brain activity a better sense of well being and cognitive ability. They didn't even mention that you have a beautiful quilt to show for all of your healthy efforts as well!


I consider this a wonderful way to start my work week! Toss those running shoes along with the guilt of not using them and forget that gym membership. I'm off to stimulate some brain activity and improve my cognitive ability. To improve my heart rate I think I just might cut into some $14.99 per yard fabric that I am not sure I have enough of to finish the project - that should get the blood pumping.


If you would like to read the entire article, here is the link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2002862/Why-quilting-uniquely-good-us.html

Now go improve your health!

1 comment:

Barb Johnson said...

So it's goodbye Hartwood Acres, hello Bernina! And if you put the ironing board across the room, you can still get some physical activity!