Monday, February 25, 2013

Winter Mystery DONE!

Jolene finished assembling her Winter Mystery and sent this note:

"I made my top one row longer so it will fit a twin bed. Each of the scrap fabrics is used only once in the large patches. I used a really eclectic mix of fabrics. I decided anything goes! The 11/2" squares were leftovers from a postage stamp quilt I recently made. I may add a border but I have to set it aside for now while I make a baby quilt.


I enjoyed taking a break with some simple piecing as I have been doing more complicated projects lately. I love how it turned out, so bright and cheerful!"


I love it!  It looks great with "anything goes".  Adding another row, and possibly a border to fit a bed is a great idea.  This looks like something that is going to be used and loved for many years to come.

4 comments:

Barb Johnson said...

Very pretty! I like the white sashings. I've finished 34 blocks, and am trying to finish up the rest and put it together so that I can bring it for Show and Tell on Saturday. Unfortunately, I have to work for a living... I guess there is always next month's Show and Tell!

Calicojoan said...

I love scrappy quilts, and this one really catches my eye. Where did I miss this mystery?????

Calicojoan said...

I got a late start needless to say, but I am off to start cutting from my scrap!! :-)

SandyQuilts said...

Adorable. I plan to do this in the near future ... I was all booked up when you started.