Thursday, December 13, 2007

Gone Crazy

As you can see, I've been enjoying the prep work for the Crazy Patch Block of the Month. It's a little more work on my end, because I have to have 4 months of blocks finished before I can show you just one, but I do have to say that I have enjoyed every minute of it. Each block has a different specialty technique, including couching, ribbon insertion, pin tucking, pleating, etc. We are preparing kits that include the fabrics as well as the trims and embellishments so that all the participants need to supply is thread (and eventually batting, backing and binding).

As some of you know, I've uploaded some how-to videos to YouTube for Timeless Treasures. We've had such a great response to them that I have decided to add video instructions for the specialty techniques for the Crazy Patch. The techniques are simple, especially when you can see it done instead of deciphering the written instructions. Not to mention that viewing them on YouTube is free. Keep in mind that these are not professionally filmed video instructions, they are me and a camcorder and what you see for the most part are my disembodied hands talking you through the techniques. If you want to see the type of video I'm talking about you can follow this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyP3PFDngNc . The Abby Lane video deals with fussy cutting the triangles for the kit quilt. You can look for the entire line of my Abby Lane fabrics to be available in the store right after the first of the year.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Georgette and I really wanted to take this BOM for 2008 but when we called it was already full. We are crying big croc tears. We will see you on Saturday. Love that you started a blog. Don't you love it. I will start sending people over to check you out.

Cindy DeUnger