Saturday, December 8, 2007

Pillowcase Project

I have been asked by one of our customers to be the drop off point for pillowcases for the ConKerCancer project. My immediate response was "Yes"! I've experienced first hand how much this simple gift can mean to a child in treatment. A family member lost their 7 year old son to leukemia just over a year ago. While Nathan was in Boston Children's I sent him a pillowcase made from karate fabric with a solid cuff and "yellow belt" trim. He loved that simple little gift and insisted that it be washed and returned immediately to his pillow. It gave the professionals that came to treat him something to talk about. It made him special in a sterile hospital atmosphere. He, his Mom, and Grandparents all told me how much he enjoyed that simple gift. I jumped at the chance to be part of a network that brings a smile to another child.

To learn the details of the ConKer program check out their website at www.conkerrcancer.org and drop off or mail your donations to our store. Doris will make sure that they are delivered to the kids. - Thanks for your help!

No comments: