Saturday, April 19, 2008

I confess. Instead of hitting the to-do list first thing this morning, Deb and I did a quick trip to the Three Rivers Quilt Show. This is their first year at the new venue on the South Side and although we made several wrong turns and my Garmond said "recalculating" more than a dozen time, it was well worth the trip. The quilts were wonderful, the space bright, clean, well lit and just the right size to hold the show and vendors without feeling cramped.

Here are a few snapshots I took before getting so wrapped up in the quilts that I forgot I had the camera with me! I was having too much fun walking the show and not being a vendor (when we have abooth I really only get to see the 4 or 5 quilts directly across from our space). It was the first time in 15 years that I have attended a show without vending..... it felt good!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to the show Friday and had a wonderful time ~ great venue, incredible lighting to enjoy the quilts and things were not on top of one another. Kudos to 3 Rivers for making this change ~ if you didn't go you should plan on it next year. What was really nice was that you could buy a CD for $3 of all the quilts in the show ... I usually keep the program with my notes scratched on it and along with my own pictures try and figure out which was which. The CD eliminates this and you can enjoy the show again and again. I bought one for a friend who couldn't attend this year ~ she was tickled pink.