Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sewing,sewing,sewing.....

It's been a busy day with lots of interuptions. In my time-laps world it is acutally 9pm. I've managed to turn the corner on the on the JJ quilt and with another row or two I will be half way finished. From that point on, working on the diagonal, each of the rows gets shorter and faster!

Stitching the blocks together once they have been trimmed is very easy. Nothing has to match! The only thing you have to keep in mind is that the blocks have to be off-set slightly to created "dog ears" on each end. Your stitching should start right in the "V" that is created by the dog ear on one end and end in the "V" created on the opposite end.

That same process takes place when you join the rows together. You have to shift the rows so that the intersections in the center of each design unit match. It isn't difficult, but it is one of the only areas I use pins.

Tomorrow I will keep sewing, one row at a time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen - I am enjoying your blogs and watching the progress you are making. I can't wait to stop in the store to see your finished projects and make a purchase or two. (hope you have the jigsaw pattern and ruler in stock!) You always inspire me. I also had to create a desktop icon for your blog so that I could check it several times a day. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and expertise. Debbie K.